Posted on behalf of Traci Glass
Guess what? It’s time for the 2018 Graphic Rave nominations! For those of you who are new to OYAN or have just forgotten, the Graphic Rave is OYAN’s annual list of the best graphic novels, comics, and manga for teens. The process will be almost, if not totally, identical to the process we all go through to come up with our Book Rave list.
- Only books published from May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 can be included on the 2018 Graphic Rave.
- A wide variety of genres is desirable. It may include fantasy, suspense, mystery, historical fiction, science fiction, romance, sports, adventure, animal stories, growing up, contemporary realism, poetry and non-fiction. The following will be mandatory each year:
- At least one non-fiction title
- At least three titles published by a non-major publisher.
- At least three titles published by publisher located in the Pacific Northwest.
- At least three trade collections of comics originally released as separate issues.
- At least three titles created in the manga style.
- At least three titles should be published by a major publisher.
- A variety of books for younger and older teens must be included.
- A balance between male and female protagonists is desirable.
- Only one book per author, per genre will be included.
- Only one title in a series will be considered per year (it does not need to be the first volume).
- The list should reflect multicultural diversity.
- When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, month and year of publication and publisher. Send all nominations to email@example.com. The last day to nominate a title is August 1st.
Here are some official dates to remember:
- August 1: Nominations close.
- August 5: Preliminary voting opens.
- September 5: Preliminary voting closes.
Again, please send all nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!