Enjoy serving teens in libraries? Thrive on advocating for them? Are you interested in impacting teen library services and programming? If you answered yes to any of the following questions or know someone who would, then consider nominating yourself or them for the Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) Board. OYAN is seeking nominations for Incoming Chair (or Co-Chairs if two people are interested) and Secretary for the upcoming 2018-2019 year.
2018-2021 Chair Duties
2018-2019, Incoming Chair
- Support the OYAN chair
- Responsible for the OYAN raffle
- Attend OYAN board training meeting
- Attend OYAN membership and OLA Executive Board meetings
- Prepare all OYAN meeting agendas
2020-2021, Outgoing Chair
- Budget reports
- OYEA banquet award
2019 Secretary duties
- Attend all OYAN Meetings or find a replacement if unable to attend a meeting
- Record OYAN membership and OYAN board meetings
- Prepare all meeting minutes
- Maintain and update organizational documents in the OYAN Executive Board procedure manual
See the OYAN website for more information about the Incoming Chair and Secretary positions.
The deadline to nominate yourself or someone else is Saturday, June 9. Please send nominations to email@example.com.
Requirements? Be an OYAN member, like teens, and have fun!