It can be tough to find funding for all of the great ideas you want to make happen at your library. In this occasional series, we’ll highlight different funding sources you may not know about or may not know how to tap.
Are you looking to take your summer learning program to the next level? YALSA is giving away twenty $1,000 grants to support libraries’ efforts to reach underserved teens over the summer months as well as another twenty $1,000 grants to support hiring teen interns over the summer.
To determine if you are eligible, you must answer yes to the following questions:
- Is your summer learning program administered through a library?
- Is your program open to all teens in the community?
- Do you work directly with teens?
- Are you a personal member of YALSA?
- Is your library within 20 miles of a Dollar General store?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, read these tips for writing effective grants and then check out the Teen Read Week website for more details and the application forms! Applications are due by December 1st. Good luck!