By Mark Richardson, Cedar Mill Library
It’s that time of year to think about the special person who serves teens in your library. The Oregon Young Adult Network is looking for candidates for our annual OYEA! (OYAN You’re Excellent Award). It could be a librarian, it could be a teen volunteer, or it could be a staff member or regular volunteer who works with teens. It could even be a program or initiative that has served teens in your area particularly well. We are particularly interested in testimony from your local teens. A letter or note from a teen speaks volumes about how important your service to them is, so their input is significant.
WHO*: An individual, library, organization, program, or initiative that has made a positive and significant contribution to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon may be given the award. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The individual, library, or organization shall reside or operate principally in Oregon.
- Only living persons may be considered for the award.
- If a program or initiative is being nominated, it must have occurred within the previous or current year of nomination.
*Preference shall be given to nominees who are supported by a letter of recommendation written and submitted by a teen.
Past winners and all the details of the award are on the OYAN website here: http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211.
The winner will get a plaque and a donation up to $100 for their library or service that they provide to teens.
Please submit the nomination materials to me before March 15th by email or by regular mail at:
Young Adult Librarian Cedar Mill Library 12505 NW Cornell Rd., Suite # 13
Portland, OR 97229
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations shall include the following information:
- Nominee’s name
- Nominee’s contact information
- Description of the nominee’s positive and significant contributions to teens in libraries in the State Of Oregon
- Any supporting letters, particularly from teens